Scheduling a Zoom Meeting
Zoom meetings can be scheduled through the meetings tab within a Zoom account.
This guide is showing the scheduling process from a web browser and not the Zoom desktop or mobile applications.
Scheduling one or recurring Zoom meetings
If you would like to schedule a meeting or a series of meetings using Zoom, first login to https://alamo.zoom.us/ to access your account. After logging in, click on Meetings in the left navigation.
Next, select Schedule a New Meeting.
When scheduling your meeting, you have many options to choose from. You must set a Topic (1) and when your meeting will occur (3-4). The other settings are set by default, but they can be changed.
- Fill in the topic/title of your meeting.
- Provide an optional description.
- Enter the date/time of your meeting.
- Select the duration.
NOTE: Your session will not end at the duration you have set. If you go over the allotted time, the meeting will continue.
- Choose the time zone of your meeting.
- If this is a Recurring meeting, select the box and fill in the parameters.
- If you require registration, it asks attendees to enter their name and contact information in order to attend your meeting (this is not recommended for meetings in Canvas).
- Choose whether you want the video (webcam) to be on by default for hosts and participants.
- Select what type of audio you wish to allow (we suggest leaving this to both Telephone and Computer Audio).
- If you would like to, you can require a meeting password.
- You may opt to let your attendees join before you officially start the meeting.
- You may mute all participants as they join the meeting.
- You have a personal meeting ID for your account. You can choose to use this for your meeting or not select this and a random ID will be generated. This is mainly for support purposes - students do not need to know the meeting ID to join.
- The waiting room allows you to have a queue of attendees that are waiting to join the session. You can bring them into the session one at at time, or several at a time.
- The meeting can be recorded automatically for you. We do not recommend this. You can manually start the recording when you are ready.
- If you have another individual who needs to host the meeting with you, and they have a Zoom account, you can add them.
- You can either Save your Meeting or Cancel the Meeting creation.
If you selected Save in the previous screen, you will be presented with a summary of your meeting details. Included with this summary are additional options and useful information:
1. The Outlook Calendar file for ease of opening/saving to your Outlook.
2. The URL that all attendees (including you) will use to join the meeting.
3. A link with the full details of the invitation to copy into an e-mail.
4. An option to Delete the meeting.
5. A button to Edit the meeting settings and details.
6. The ability to Start the meeting from your web browser.