Student: System Requirements for LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is a client application installed on the local computer.
Windows: 11 and 10*
* Includes x86 32 and 64bit processors and ARM 64bit processors using x86 emulation.
* Windows 10S is not a compatible operating system, nor can LockDown Browser be obtained via the Windows App Store. At present, support for Windows 10 S Mode isn’t on the roadmap for LockDown Browser.
Mac: macOS 10.12 to 12.0+
ChromeOS: LockDown Browser for Chromebook is supported on ChromeOS version 88 and higher, but we recommend keeping your Chromebook updated to the most recent version that is available.
iPadOS: 11.0+ (iPad only). Must have a compatible LMS integration. The LockDown Browser iPad app is not compatible with Sakai LMS servers. All Sakai users will need to use a computer with a compatible operating system.
LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor may continue to run in older operating systems that have reached “end-of-life” but students may encounter unexpected results.
- Windows: 2 GB RAM (A minimum 4gb of available RAM is necessary when using LockDown Browser to take an exam that also uses a webcam.)
- Mac: 2 GB RAM (A minimum 4gb of available RAM is necessary when using LockDown Browser to take an exam that also uses a webcam.)
Hard Disk Space
- Windows: 200 MB of free hard disk space
- Mac: 200 MB of free hard disk space
LockDown Browser is a client application that is installed to a local computer. Both the Windows edition and the Mac edition of the browser are based on Chromium, Google's open source framework. Students do NOT need Google's Chrome browser installed; nor will this version affect a Chrome browser that's already installed.
Learning Management Systems:
LockDown Browser integrates with the following learning management system: