Studio is a communication tool that turns content into conversation, connection, and collaboration. Instructors can use Studio to make videos inclusive and collaborative while gaining meaningful analytics about that collaboration. Studio is a communication tool that allows instructors and students to actively collaborate through video and audio media. The ability to easily caption your video takes accessibility in Canvas to the next level.
- Integrated inside of Canvas (access from the Course Navigation menu)
- Captioning for Accessibility
- A large amount of storage outside of your course storage
- Feedback and Questions within the video
- Responsive design for mobile devices
Studio is located inside Canvas. Log in to Canvas, then click on the Studio icon in the Course Navigation menu on the left.
Creating videos in Studio
To create content in Studio:
Managing existing content in Studio
Once your content is in Studio:
- Make it accessible with auto-generated captions.
- Allow others (whom you’ve granted access) to comment or reply to prompts.
- Create a video quiz, post the results to the Gradebook, and view the results.
- View user insights and analytics for the video.
- Need to make the video public? Use the public video or embed link guide.
Adding Studio content to a Canvas course
Only you are able to access your Studio videos until you add them to a course.
To add Studio videos to a Canvas course via announcements, discussions, assignments or pages:
- Create or edit an announcement, discussion, assignment or page.
- On the text editor, find and click the Apps button, choose the Canvas Studio app.
Supported Video Formats
- flv – Flash Video
- asf – Windows Media
- qt – Apple QuickTime
- mov – Apple QuickTime
- mpg – Digital Video Format
- mpeg – Digital Video Format
- avi – Digital Video Format
- m4v – Digital Video Format
- wmv – Windows Media
- mp4 – Digital Video Format
- 3gp – Multimedia Mobile Format
Supported Audio Formats
- mp3 – Digital Audio Format
- wma – Windows Media Audio
- wav – Waveform Audio File Format