Creating a Zoom Account
To host a meeting in Zoom, you need to have an account.
Begin by navigating to https://alamo.zoom.us. On the landing page, select Create one here underneath the Sign In button. This will take you to the Zoom Account Sign Up page.
On the Sign Up page:
1. Enter your Alamo Colleges District E-mail Address (ex. email@example.com).
NOTE: You cannot Sign Up with an alternate e-mail address.
2. Click the Sign Up button.
You will receive an e-mail asking you to Activate your account.
Click the Activate Account button.
After clicking on the Activate Account button in your e-mail, your web browser will open and you will be prompted for additional details.
1. Enter your First Name.
2. Enter your Last Name.
3. Choose a Password that meets the criteria.
4. Confirm your Password.
5. Click Continue.
After your account has been created, you have the option to invite other Alamo Colleges District colleagues to join Zoom so they can also host Meetings. Skip this step.
After you have completed these steps, you can either:
1. Start Meeting Now (This will take you to your personal room where you can start to become familiar with Zoom.)
2. Go to My Account (You may schedule meetings, update your settings, add a personal avatar, etc.)
3. Additionally, you are presented with different Zoom plugins to make scheduling Zoom meetings more efficient.