Downloading My Media Desktop Recorder
My Media has it's own recording software that can be installed on any Windows or Mac computer. Whether you're working online or offline, the desktop recorder, Mediasite Mosaic, allows you to record with any combinations of the following options:
- Screen recording
Installing Mediasite Mosaic
To download Mediasite Mosaic, you must be connected to the internet. Log into My Media and bring up the user dashboard.
- Click on the + Add Presentation button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click More Information in the "Capturing video requires an app" tile.
- Choose Mediasite Mosaic as the Capture App, then click Download.
- The Mediasite Customer Care website will open in a new tab or window; scroll down to the Windows section and click the Get the app button.
Mac Users: You can choose to download the software onto a macOS system by clicking the Download on the Mac App Store button.
- A pop-up will display at the top of your screen; check the box for "Always allow support sonicfoundry.com to open links of this type in the associated app" and then click Open App Installer.
- Check the box for "Launch when ready" and then click Install.
- If you would like to permit Mediasite Mosaic to access your webcam and microphone for video and audio recordings, click Yes.
Video Tutorial: Downloading My Media Desktop Recorder
Registering MediaSite Mosaic
The final step in this process is to connect your Mediasite Mosaic desktop recorder to the My Media server.
- Once the app has installed on your system, navigate back to the My Media desktop recorder page and click the Register button in the "Install & Register" tile.
- A pop-up will display at the top of your screen; check the box for "Always allow support sonicfoundry.com to open links of this type in the associated app" and then click Open Mediasite Mosaic.
NOTE: If you do not have administrative privileges to install software on your computer, you may need to submit a Footprints ticket to have Mediasite Mosaic Recorder installed on your office workstation or laptop.
- Once the application has connected to the My Media server and launched, you can access the various functions and features of the Mediasite Mosaic desktop recorder.