Set up an Email Login with Zoom
Licensed Zoom users may wish to set up another login option to access their Alamo Colleges Zoom account through Zoom's US website. This provides users an alternative to the SSO process in the event ACES is down for maintenance.
Before you begin, be sure to sign out of your Alamo Colleges Zoom account.
- Proceed with the on-screen sign-up instructions. You will be asked to provide the following:
- Verify your date of birth
- Enter your work/school email (i.e., your @alamo.edu or @student.alamo.edu address)
Click Sign Up when you have finished.
- An Activation Email from Zoom with the subject "Zoom Account Sign Up Assistant" will be sent to the email you have specified. Depending on whether you had set up your work or student email with Zoom previously, you will complete the setup process through one of the following steps:
- Unregistered Users: Select the Activate Account link in the email message from Zoom which will direct you to a new web page to complete the activation process. Create and confirm a new password you would like to use to access Zoom.
- Previous Registrants: If the email you entered had been registered and activated previously with Zoom, select the Sign In link in the email message. You will be directed to the Zoom Sign In page. If you cannot recall your previously registered Zoom password, follow the steps in the next section of this guide to reset it.
NOTE: The password you set up through Zoom's US website is separate from your ACES and network credentials. The new password you provide here will reside on Zoom's secure user database.
Skip the next step that asks if you'd like to add users, and on the next page, click Go to My Account.
- In the navigation panel on the left-hand side, click Profile .
- Scroll down to the "Sign In" section and verify that Work Email has been added to your Linked Accounts. This indicates that you have successfully linked your new email login/password to your account.
How to reset the Zoom password associated with your work/school email
In the event you cannot recall the Zoom password you registered previously, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Sign In page for Zoom's US website and select the Forgot password? link.
- Enter the work (@alamo.edu) or student (@student.alamo.edu) email you registered previously with Zoom, verify you are not a robot, and then hit Send.
- An email with the subject "Zoom password reset confirmation" will be sent to your registered email; select the Click here to reset your password link. You will be directed to a new page to create and confirm your new password for Zoom.
- After your Zoom password has been reset, you will be redirected to the Zoom Sign In page to access your account with your new password.
For additional resources to help you navigate Zoom's website, please visit the Zoom Help Center.