New Gradebook: Grade Detail Tray
The Grade Detail Tray is a tool in the New Gradebook that makes it fast and easy to view and enter grades, submission status, and comments, both by individual assignment or student. In addition, the Grade Detail Tray provides a place to access Speedgrader for an Assignment or view the individual grade page for a student.
Accessing the Grade Detail Tray
1. Open Grades from your course navigation.
2. Within an assignment column, click on a gradebook cell and click on the icon to display the grade detail tray.
Grade Detail Tray Information
- Student Name - Click on a student's name from the Grade Detail Tray to view an individual student's Grade page.
- Move between Students - Click the left or right arrow next to the student name to navigate between students. The assignment will stay the same, so this functionality can be used to quickly click through and view or enter grades, submission status, and view/add comments for an individual assignment.
- Move between Assignments - Click the left or right arrow next to the name of the assignment to navigate between assignments. The student will stay the same, so this functionality can be used to quickly click through and view or enter grades, submissions status, and view/add comments for an individual student.
- Speedgrader - Click the Speedgrader link to be taken to Speedgrader for this assignment and view the specific student submission.
- Grade entry box - Enter, view, or change the student grade in this box.
- Status - Enter, view, or change the student submission status in this box. If you select the "Late" status you will also be able to specify the total number of days late.
- Comments - Enter, view, edit, or delete comments in this box. Students will be able to view this information unless the assignment is muted.