Edit or Delete Item Bank
You can edit or delete an item bank items in New Quizzes. Edits will display in any assessment that uses the item. If students have submitted answers for an item, you can only edit a copy of the item. Editing a copy will create separate statistical data from the previous version of the item.
When editing an item, you can also add tags to the item. Tags can be used to search for items within item banks. Added tags will display on the item in the bank and in any assessment that uses the item.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Quizzes link.
2. To open an assessment, click the title of the assessment. To create a new assessment, click the Add Quiz button.
3. To open New Quizzes from an existing assessment, click the Build button.
4. Click the Item Banks button.
5. Locate the item bank you would like to edit or delete. To edit the item bank, click the title of the assessment . To delete the item bank, click the Delete option .
Video Tutorial: Edit or Delete Item Bank
Add Content or Edit
Once you create content in an assessment, you can add it to an item bank for use in other assessments. You can add questions or stimulus from any course where you have permission to create and edit a quiz using New Quizzes.
After a question has been added to an item bank, all question properties other than point value and certain options must be edited in the item bank. You should make sure your question is complete before adding it to an item bank.
Note: When you add stimulus content to an item bank, questions attached to the stimulus content are not automatically added and must be added to the item bank manually. Likewise, when you add stimulus content to an assessment from an item bank, attached questions are not automatically added.
1. Locate the individual question you would like to add to the item bank . Click the Edit icon .
2. Click the Item Banking button.
3. Click the Add to Bank link.
Add to Existing Bank
To add the item to an existing item bank, click the Existing item bank option . Then select the item bank you want to use in the Select the destination bank drop-down menu .
To add the item to the bank, click the Add button .
Create New Bank
To create a new bank for the item, click the New item bank option . Then enter the name for the new bank in the New Bank Title field .
To add the item to the new bank, click the Add button .
Video Tutorial: Add Content to Item Bank
For additional assistance with Canvas, visit the Canvas related Guides or contact your campus Instructional Innovation Center/Distance Learning department.