Zoom Recording Settings including Password Protecting
When sharing Zoom recordings, there are various features you can activate or disable. You can opt to set a password in order to view the recording, enable downloading, and/or modify the visibility.
- Share this recording: Allows the recording to be shared publicly or internally. Switch the toggle off if you want the recording to be private. If you share the recording, Zoom will create a web page where visitors can view the cloud recording.
- Viewers can download: Allows viewers to download the video in addition to viewing it online.
- On-demand(Registration Required): Requires users to enter their name and email address before viewing or downloading the recording. The host will be able to download a report with this information.
- Password protect: Requires users to enter a password before viewing or downloading the recording. After toggling this to the on position, enter a custom password and click Save.
- Copy shareable link: Copies the link to your cloud recording. Share this link to allow others to view the cloud recording.
Accessing the Zoom Sharing Settings
Open your recordings at https://alamo.zoom.us/recording and click on the Share button of the recording that you would like to share or change the sharing options.
Password Protecting your Cloud Recordings
You can password protect the recording to limit who can view your cloud recording.
After toggling Password protect setting to the on position, enter a custom password and click Save.
If you are using the Canvas integration of Zoom within your course(s), you will need to share the recording password and not the link.