Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a security protocol requiring additional authentication factors, and it ensures an added layer of security to your account. Once MFA is enabled, it will be required to access ACES each time you login.
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for ACES is for Alamo Colleges District employees.
- Log into ACES with your normal username and password and click Sign In.
- Upon successful validation of your ACES username and password, a one-time password (OTP) code will be sent to you to verify your identity. Select the option that best suits your ability to authenticate, then click Next.
- Retrieve the six-digit OTP code that has been sent to you and enter it into the "OTP Code" field. Upon clicking Submit, you should be re-directed to the ACES Home screen.
OTP codes are unique to your ACES account and are only valid for 5 minutes; therefore, you should not share your OTP code with anyone else.
OTP codes can be received in the following ways:
- Message sent to your Employee email
- Phone call to your direct extension or personal phone
- Text message sent to your mobile phone
If you select to receive your OTP code by phone, an automated message will play for you as follows: "Your ACES one-time passcode is:"
If you select to receive your OTP code by email or text, the message will come from TexasGov Digital Identity Solution. The images below show examples of how the OTP code will look when they are received:
Sample text message:
For assistance with MFA, please contact your Local or District IT Help Desk.