Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for ACES
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a security protocol requiring distinct authentication factors, and it is widely used in commercial applications such as banking and insurance. Once implemented, MFA will be required to access ACES each time you login.
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for ACES is for Alamo Colleges District employees.
Logging into ACES with MFA
- Log into ACES with your normal username and password and click Sign In.
- Upon successful validation of your ACES username and password, a one-time password (OTP) code will be sent to you to verify your identity. Select the option that best suits your ability to authenticate, then click Next.
- Retrieve the six-digit OTP code that has been sent to you and enter it into the "OTP Code" field. Upon clicking Submit, you should be re-directed to the ACES Home screen.
OTP codes are unique to your ACES account and are only valid for 5 minutes; therefore, you should not share your OTP code with anyone else.
Options for Receiving an OTP Code
OTP codes can be received in the following ways:
- Message sent to your Employee email
- Phone call to your direct extension or personal phone
- Text message sent to your mobile phone
By Phone Call
If you select to receive your OTP code by phone, an automated message will play for you as follows: "Your ACES one-time passcode is."
By Email or Text Message
If you select to receive your OTP code by email or text, the message will come from TexasGov Digital Identity Solution. The images below show examples of how the OTP code will look when they are received:
Sample text message:
Support and Technical Assistance for ACES MFA
For assistance with ACES passwords and MFA, please contact your college IT Help Desk or District IT Help Desk.