Preview an Assessment
You can preview an assessment in New Quizzes. Assessment Preview allows you to preview and test assessment questions and settings from a student's perspective. While previewing an assessment, you can also submit the assessment and view the student results page.
- Assessment Preview does not support displaying student access codes, IP address filtering, and multiple attempts.
- You should use Assessment Preview to preview and test assessments instead of using the test student in your course. Assessments taken as the test student cannot be reset and will appear in New Quizzes reports.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Quizzes link.
2. Click the title of the assessment.
3. To open New Quizzes from an existing assessment, click the Save button.
4. To preview the assessment, click the Preview button.
If you are currently editing the assessment, you cannot open Assessment Preview.
View Assessment Preview
When previewing an assessment, the assessment displays a colored Preview border . You can enter answer to any question type .
The preview displays most settings, including calculators, timer, question shuffling, and one question at a time. Assessment Preview does not support displaying student access codes, IP address filtering, and multiple attempts.
To submit the assessment, click the Submit button.
To exit the assessment and return to the area in Canvas where the assessment was opened, click the Return button.
If you submit an assessment while in preview mode, Assessment Preview will open to the results page. The items and points displayed in the results page will correspond to the assessment's settings to restrict student result view.
To exit Assessment Preview, click the Close icon [X in the bottom right corner.]
Video Tutorial: Preview an Assessment
For additional assistance with Canvas, visit the Canvas related Guides or contact your campus Instructional Innovation Center/Distance Learning department.