Roll Call Attendance allows you to take and grade attendance right within Canvas.
1. To enable Roll Call Attendance, go to the desired course and click on the Settings section.
2. Select the Navigation tab.
3. Click on the Options icon next to Attendance. Select Enable. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the Attendance tool into the enabled list.
4. Once the Roll Call Attendance tool is enabled, go to the desired course and click on the Attendance section. This section only appears to teachers, not students.
5. Click on the Gear icon, then Roll Call Settings. Adjust the grade percentage that is given to students who arrive late.
To take roll, go to the Attendance section of your course. You can view your class as a list (1) or as a seating chart (2).
Go to the desired date by using the arrows or the calendar icon.
Check the circle next to each person's name to indicate attendance (1). A green check-mark indicates that the student was present and on time. A red X indicates that the student was absent. An orange check-mark means that the student was late to class. You can also mark all as present (2) or unmark all (3) to start over.
You can download individual attendance grades by going to Attendance, clicking on the Gear icon, and selecting Attendance Report.
You can filter the report by date (1) and/or choose to only download a report for a specific student by entering their SIS student ID (2). The report will be sent to you via email (3).