Creating Adobe Digital Signature in Acrobat
Adobe Digital Signature is a certificate-based digital signature and a type of e-signature that complies with the strictest legal regulations — and provides the highest level of assurance of a signer’s identity.
Creating your Adobe digital signature
Open up Adobe Acrobat DC.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat DC installed on your computer please see these guides or contact your campus Help Desk.
1. On the Edit menu click on Preferences.
2. Select Signatures on left pane, then click the More button next to Identities & Trusted Certificates.
3. Click on the ID+ icon.
4. Select A new digital ID I want to create now then click Next.
5. Select New PKCS#12 digital ID File, then click Next.
6. Enter your name and Email Address, then click Next.
7. Create a Password for your Digital ID and confirm, then click Finish.
This password will be required each time you digitally sign a document. There are no password reset or recovery options.
8. Your new Digital ID is displayed and you can now digitally sign Adobe documents.