In-video quizzing enables you to gauge your audience's comprehension of the material being presented and to reinforce learning. Quizzes appear during presentation playback and your audience members can take them during the presentation or once it has ended.
1. From within the list of presentations in your MyMediasite portal, select the name of the presentation for which you wish to add one or more quizzes. A summary of the presentation will appear.
2. Select Edit Quizzes in the right column. The options for creating quizzes will appear.
3. Select a Quiz Type:
Study guide: A study guide is an informal quiz that allows students to measure their understanding and practice with the concepts being presented. Students are not required to submit their quizzes. After completing a quiz, students can retake a quiz and change their answers.
Assessment: An assessment is a repeatable quiz that measures student comprehension, while allowing them multiple retake attempts. Students will only see their total scores after they submit their answers. They will not be able to see correct answers for questions or view quiz results for each quiz. After submitting all quizzes, students can reload the presentation to reset their answers and take all quizzes again.
Scored: A scored quiz is a non-repeatable quiz that measures student comprehension. Students will only see their total scores after they submit all quizzes. They will not be able to view correct answers or view individual quiz results. Students cannot change their answers or retake a quiz after submission. Note: Mediasite quiz results do not automatically appear in the Canvas gradebook, but can be manually entered, if desired. Gradebook integration is planned for a future release of Mediasite.
You can further customize the quiz settings by checking or unchecking the quiz options.
4. Provide a Title and Description for the introduction screen that students will see before the presentation begins.
5. Select Next.
A Mediasite presentation may contain one or more quizzes that appear during playback at times you specify. Each quiz may contain one or more questions. Adding multiple quizzes is useful for breaking up presentations into segments and chunking learning content.
1. Use the presentation preview to select a point in the presentation when you want the quiz to appear, then select Add Quiz.
2. Provide a Title and Description for the quiz. You can also manually adjust the position in time when the quiz appears.
3. Select Done. The new quiz will appear in the list of quizzes.
4. Under the quiz, select Add Question.
5. Choose the type of question (Multiple Choice/Single Answer, Multiple Choice/Many Answers, True/False) and fill in the necessary fields. If your questions are weighted, specify the weighted value under Points.
6. Repeat the above process to add additional questions and quizzes throughout the presentation. As a best practice, you should select the Save button at the top each time you add a quiz or a question to save your edits.
Preview your quizzes before publishing them to your audience. When you preview a quiz, you can submit answers in the same manner your audience would.
1. Once the quizzes have been saved, select Preview. The presentation will open in a new tab/window.
2. Play through the presentation as a student would. Make any necessary adjustments in the quiz editor.
After you have finished creating a quiz and adding questions, you must publish it to the presentation to make it available to your audience.
Note: Once you publish a quiz, you will be unable to update the general quiz settings or add new quiz questions and answers. You can select Unpublish to unpublish a quiz and make changes to it. However, unpublishing a quiz will delete all quiz results and affect the data available in quiz reports. For more information, see View detailed quiz reports.
1. Select Publish.
2. Select OK to publish the quiz.
From within the list of presentations in your MyMediasite portal, select the name of the presentation for which you wish to view quiz results. A summary of the presentation will appear.
Select View Analytics in the right column. The presentation's analytics will appear.
3. Select the Quiz tab. The quiz results report will appear.
4. Select Details to review individual question results for a specific student. Details also includes a breakdown of results for each quiz.
Note: Mediasite quiz results do not automatically appear in the Canvas gradebook, but can be manually entered, if desired. Gradebook integration is planned for a future release of Mediasite.
Download Quiz Results
Select Download Report > Excel to download a detailed report of quiz results including data like date taken, date submitted, completion status, and scores (points and percentage). The downloaded file can be opened in Microsoft Excel.
You can reset quiz results for all quizzes or for specific students. Resetting quiz results will delete student scores and affect the data available in quiz reports. Once quiz results are reset, they cannot be recovered.
From within the list of presentations in your MyMediasite portal, select the name of the presentation for which you wish to add one or more quizzes. A summary of the presentation will appear.
Select Edit Quizzes in the right column. The options for creating quizzes will appear.
3. Reset quiz results for all quizzes or for specific students.
To reset quiz results for all quizzes:
Select Results > Reset All Results.
Select OK to confirm.
To reset quiz results for specific students:
Select Results > Clear Individual Results.
Check the boxes adjacent to one or more students from the list and then select Delete Selected.
3. Select OK to confirm.