Duplicate New Quizzes Assessment
You can duplicate a New Quizzes assessment in your course. When an assessment is duplicated, the word Copy is added to the end of the assessment name.
Duplicating an assessment defaults the copied assessment to an unpublished status. All items in the assessment are duplicated including the name, description, instructions, questions and answers, point values, and assessment settings, except for the following situations:
- Copied assessments are always assigned to everyone in the course; differentiated assessments are not retained for individual users, groups, or sections.
- If a differentiated assessment includes an Everyone Else date, the copied assignment retains the Everyone Else due date, if any.
- If a differentiated assessment does not include an Everyone Else date, the copied assignment does not include a due date.
- Quizzes created using Classic Quizzes cannot be duplicated.
- Except for New Quizzes assessments, assignments configured as an external tool (LTI) submission type cannot be duplicated.
1. In Course Navigation, click the Quizzes link.
2. Locate the New Quizzes assessment you want to duplicate and click the Options icon . Click the Duplicate link .
Video Tutorial: Duplicate New Quizzes Assessment
For additional assistance with Canvas, visit the Canvas related Guides or contact your campus Instructional Innovation Center/Distance Learning department.