Whether you want to project a professional image, add a touch of creativity, or simply hide a messy background, Zoom virtual backgrounds offer a fantastic solution. You can update virtual backgrounds, video filters, and more before and during a meeting. In this guide, we'll walk you through the step-by-step process of enabling and customizing virtual backgrounds on Zoom.
Note: Zoom Virtual Backgrounds is only available on the desktop version of Zoom.
To download Zoom on desktop, go here.
Follow the steps below:
1. Begin by opening the Zoom app on your desktop, and locate the Settings icon in the top right corner.
2. Under Settings, select Background and Effects.
Virtual backgrounds and other options:
- Virtual Backgrounds - Zoom offers a selection of backgrounds for you to choose from.
- There is an option in with a (+) symbol for you to add/upload your own background.
- Green Screen - If you have a blank background or green screen, you can elect this option.
- Mirror my video - You can choose to mirror your video or not, we recommend to keep this box checked.
- Studio effects - Zoom offers other fun effects for you to customize the way you look during a video call.
3. There is another tab, Video Filters. Zoom offers you a selection of filters to apply to your video which can help improve lighting. There are many effects you may choose to add or leave out of your video.
4. Finally, you can lock in these settings by clicking Apply to all future meetings.
5. If you do not wish to apply these settings to every meeting, or you simply want to change it during a Zoom meeting, you can do so by selecting the arrow menu on the camera icon in your Zoom task bar.
Here, you can choose a virtual background, video filter, and avatar.