When signing up for Zoom, we recommend using the SSO option using your ACES email and username. However, if ACES is down for maintenance, you may use an alternative login method with your firstname.lastname@example.org email address. This article will guide you through setting up an alternative login to ensure you can access your Zoom account whenever.
Before we begin, be sure to completely sign out of your Alamo Colleges Zoom account.
- Proceed with the on-screen sign-up instructions. You will be asked to provide the following:
- Verify your date of birth
- Enter your work/school email (your @alamo.edu or @student.alamo.edu address)
- Click Sign Up when finished
- An Activation email from Zoom will send to the email you specified. Depending on whether you had set up your work or student email with Zoom previously, you will complete the setup process through one of the following steps:
- Unregistered Users: Select Activate Account in the link from the email message from Zoom, which will direct you to a new web page to complete the activation process. Create and confirm a new password you would like to use to access Zoom.
- Previous Registrants: If the email you entered had been registered and activated previously with Zoom, select the Sign-In in the email message. The link will direct you to Zoom's Sign-In page. If you cannot recall your previously registered Zoom password, follow the steps in the next section of this guide to reset it.
NOTE: The password you created through Zoom's US website may be separate from your ACES and network credentials. The new password you provide will reside on Zoom's secure user database..
4. Skip the next step that asks if you'd like to add users and go to My Account.
- In the navigation panel on the left, click Profile .
- Scroll down to a section labeled Sign In. Be sure your Work Email  is in your Linked Accounts. If a work email is present, you have successfully linked your new email login/password to your account.
Visit here to reset your Zoom password.