Scheduling a Zoom Meeting
Zoom meetings can be scheduled through the meetings tab within a Zoom account.
This guide is showing the scheduling process from a web browser and not the Zoom desktop or mobile applications.
Scheduling one or recurring Zoom meetings
If you would like to schedule a meeting or a series of meetings using Zoom, first login to https://alamo.zoom.us/ to access your account. After logging in, click on Meetings in the left navigation.
Next, select Schedule a New Meeting.
When scheduling your meeting, you have many options to choose from. You must set a Topic (1) and when your meeting will occur (3-4). The other settings are set by default, but they can be changed.
- Fill in the topic/title of your meeting.
- Provide an optional description.
- Enter the date/time of your meeting.
- Select the duration.
NOTE: Your session will not end at the duration you have set. If you go over the allotted time, the meeting will continue.
- Choose the time zone of your meeting.
- If this is a Recurring meeting, select the box and fill in the parameters.
- If you require registration, it asks attendees to enter their name and contact information in order to attend your meeting (this is not recommended for meetings in Canvas).
- Choose whether you want the video (webcam) to be on by default for hosts and participants.
- Select what type of audio you wish to allow (we suggest leaving this to both Telephone and Computer Audio).
- If you would like to, you can require a meeting password.
- You may opt to let your attendees join before you officially start the meeting.
- You may mute all participants as they join the meeting.
NOT PICTURED: Require authentication to join: this will restrict access to the meeting so that only users with an Alamo Colleges District licensed Zoom account can join. If you choose this setting, be sure to notify your participants in advance so they can set up a Zoom account with ACD.
- You have a personal meeting ID for your account. You can choose to use this for your meeting or not select this and a random ID will be generated. This is mainly for support purposes - students do not need to know the meeting ID to join.
- The waiting room allows you to have a queue of attendees that are waiting to join the session. You can bring them into the session one at at time, or several at a time.
- The meeting can be recorded automatically for you. We do not recommend this. You can manually start the recording when you are ready.
- If you have another individual who needs to host the meeting with you, and they have a Zoom account, you can add them.
- You can either Save your Meeting or Cancel the Meeting creation.
If you selected Save in the previous screen, you will be presented with a summary of your meeting details. Included with this summary are additional options and useful information:
1. The Outlook Calendar file for ease of opening/saving to your Outlook.
2. The URL that all attendees (including you) will use to join the meeting.
3. A link with the full details of the invitation to copy into an e-mail.
4. An option to Delete the meeting.
5. A button to Edit the meeting settings and details.
6. The ability to Start the meeting from your web browser.