Sharing Your Screen or Other Applications
There are times when you may want to screen share within Zoom; some examples are sharing your desktop, the whiteboard, a PowerPoint presentation, or a video clip.
Starting a Screen Share
1. Click the Share Screen button located in your meeting controls.
2. Select the screen you want to share. You can also choose an individual application that is already open on your computer, the desktop, a whiteboard, or an iPhone/iPad.
Share Computer Sound: if you check this option, any sound played by your computer will be shared in the meeting.
Optimize for full screen video clip: Check this if you will be sharing a video clip in full screen mode. Do not check this otherwise, as it may cause the shared screen to be blurry.
3. Click Share.
Share Screen Menu
When you start sharing your screen, the meeting controls will move into a menu that you can drag around your screen.
- Mute/Unmute: Mute or unmute your microphone.
- Start/Stop Video: Start or stop your in-meeting video.
- Participants/Manage Participants: View or manage the participants (if the host).
- New Share: Start a new screen share. You will be prompted to select which screen you want to share again.
- Pause Share: Pause your current shared screen.
- Annotate / Whiteboard: Display annotation tools for drawing, adding text, etc.
More: Hover over more for additional options.
- Chat: Open the chat window.
- Invite: Invite others to join the meeting.
- Record: Start recording locally or to the cloud. (We recommend recording to the cloud.)
- Allow/Disable participants annotation: Allow or prevent the participants from annotating on your shared screen.
Show/Hide Names of Annotators: Show or hide the participants' name when they are annotating on a screen share. If set to show, the participant's name will briefly display beside their annotation.
Optimize Share for Full-screen Video Clip: Start optimizing for a video clip in full screen mode.
Note: Do not enable this setting if you are not sharing a full screen video clip, as it will blur your screen share.
- End Meeting: Leave the meeting or end the meeting for all participants.