The following steps guide a student through the process of using LockDown Browser (and a webcam, if required) to take an online test.
1. Download Respondus for Alamo Colleges District from: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=582515657
Note: LockDown Browser for Chromebook is now available as a final release. For additional information, please view the LockDown Browser Extension for Chromebook Guide.
2. On the download screen, double-check that it is recognizing your system properly (Windows or Mac). If not, use the "Do you need the Mac [or Windows] version?" link to switch to the correct system. Also, note the "System requirements" link – this gives more information regarding computer specifications, and can be useful for troubleshooting.
3. Click on the "Install Now" button on the right side of your screen:
4. Locate the installer package in your Downloads folder and run it.
5. Accept all the default prompts to install LockDown Browser.
6. Go to your desktop and double click on the "LockDown Browser" icon (A blue diamond with a gold padlock) to start LockDown Browser.
1. Download the LockDown Browser installer package. Depending on the browser setting, it may download as "InstallLDBPackage64c-2-0-x-xx.zip" where "-x-xx" is the current version number.
2. If the downloaded file did not automatically unzip, locate "InstallLDBPackage64c-2-0-x-xx.zip" (usually in the Downloads folder), and double click on the file to start the Archiver to unzip the file.
3. Locate the "Install Respondus LockDown Browser xxxxxxxxx.pkg" to start the actual LockDown Browser installer.
4. Accept all the default prompts to install LockDown Browser.
5. Go to Finder->Applications and double click on the "LockDown Browser" icon (a world globe with padlock) to start LockDown Browser.
If you have problems downloading, installing, or taking an assessment with Respondus LockDown Browser, contact your instructor or your help desk.