Click Upload Submission to begin.
- The first step will be to "Upload" your document. Title your submission and click Select a file to upload.
- Once you have uploaded your file, then click Continue.
- On the "Review" step, you will have the opportunity to preview your document and verify it is the correct document. From here you can either Cancel Submission or Accept Submission & Save it for your instructor to view and provide feedback.
- Wait until you receive the "Submission Complete!" screen before closing the window.
- You will receive confirmation on the Assignment page that your Submission uploaded successfully.
- On the same confirmation page, you can download a Digital Receipt by clicking the icon next to the download button.
A Digital Receipt provides information regarding your submission and will aid in troubleshooting any technical issues.
It is highly recommended that you keep digital receipts for all Turnitin assignments.
Turnitin will only accept the following file types:
- Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx)
- OpenOffice Text (.odt)
- Word Perfect (.wpd)
- PostScript (.ps/.eps)
- Hangul Word Processor file (.hwp)
- Rich text format (.rtf)
- Plain text (.txt)
- Google Docs via Google Drive
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx, .ppt, .ppsx, and .pps)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx)
Files for upload must:
- be less than 40mb;
- have a minimum of 20 words; and
- be less than 400 pages.
It is recommended that you access Turnitin from a supported web browser:
- Microsoft Edge
Please visit Turnitin Support for additional system requirements.