Alamo Alerts: Understanding Your Account
The Alamo Colleges Alamo Alert system is used to communicate with students, employees, non-affiliated users and other members of the Alamo Colleges family in the event of a college emergency or weather-related delay or closure.
Among its many features, the Alamo Alert system can send email and text notifications directly to your mobile phone.
Alamo Colleges email addresses are automatically subscribed to the Alamo Alert System. Log on to www.getrave.com/login/alamo to update your profile. We highly encourage you to add your mobile phone if it is not already part of your student or employee record.
Note: If you have already entered your mobile number in our previous Alamo Alerts System, all you have to do is log in and confirm your mobile number, however, this is not necessary to receive alerts. If you have never entered your mobile number, you will not receive text alerts on your cell phone.
How to Access Your Account
- Open the Alamo Alerts Homepage and enter the Username and Password emailed to your alamo.edu email address.
- If necessary, use the Forgot your username/password? links to gain access.
- If you are a Non-Affiliated user and need to set up your account, click Register on the right hand side of the page. Follow the steps outlined in: How to Register as a Non-Affiliated User.
My Account Dashboard
- Opt-In Lists - Several Opt-In Lists are available to subscribe to, and there is no limit to the amount of lists you can choose.
- Register Phone - Adding a Mobile Phone Number is optional, but recommended.
- Edit User Profile - Edit your First Name, Last Name, Username, Alert Notification Language.
- Password Change - Select Change to modify your current password.
- Mobile Phones - Select +Add to add a mobile phone for SMS (text) messages.
- Voice Only Line Contacts - Select +Add to add a phone number for 'Voice Only' notifications.
- Email - Select +Add to provide additional email addresses for notifications.
Selecting +Add to add a phone number for 'Voice Only' notifications will lead you to the following screen where you can provide a phone number and extension.
Note: Users can enter a mobile phone number in this section if notifications by text message are not desired.
Registration Email - This email is required. Selecting Test will send you a Test Email to ensure delivery. You cannot edit or delete your institutional email.
Preferred Email - This email is not required. You can Modify it or Delete it if necessary.