Creating a BioSig Password
BioSig-ID is used to verify a students’ identification using just their mouse, touch pad, stylus or touch screen. No special hardware or software downloads are necessary.
Before you enroll your BioSig-ID signature, it is recommended that you set your default email address for Canvas to your @student.alamo.edu email address. To receive Canvas notifications at a personal email, you can choose to add an additional email address as a contact method in Canvas.
It is important to remember the two passwords you create with this identification system as it is the same two passwords you will use for all BioSig assignments at the five Alamo Colleges.
Tips for Creating Your BioSig-ID Password
- Take your time drawing your password. (i.e., Don't rush while you draw it!) Pay attention to how you are positioning the letter, number, or character in the box: are you filling each box entirely, or are you using only a certain portion/corner of the box? Are you drawing in each box from the top > down or bottom > up? When you go to recreate the password for the second, third, and final time, be sure you are using the same drawing method for each attempt.
- Consider using letters, numbers, or characters that have straight lines (1, 4, 7, A, E, F, H, I, K, L, M, N, T, V, W, X, Y, Z, #) versus curvy lines (3, 8, B, G, @, %, etc.). You might find drawing a straight line is easier to replicate than one that has curves.
- Drawing "1, 1, 1, 1" will return a Failed! error message, so you'll need to create a password with a little bit of variety. (For instance: "T, X, T, X")
- You may find using a Mouse or Stylus as the input device to draw your password is easier to control and will yield more reliable results than using the Touch Screen or Touch Pad options.
- Make your Click-ID password the same as your BioSig-ID password. This will make it easier for you to remember your backup password in the event your BioSig-ID password is not validated or recognized by the system.
How to Enroll your BioSig-ID Password
- Draw and submit your BioSig-ID password 3 times in the BioSig-ID window within Canvas.
- Create and submit your back-up Click-ID password 3 times.
- Draw your BioSig-ID password one final time to complete the identity validation enrollment process.
- Once validated, the message "Tool Use Finished" will display.
NOTE: If you have already created your BioSig-ID password for a previous course or in the past, you won't need to create a new one. Simply complete the enrollment assignment by entering the password that you originally created.