Uploading a Paper to Turnitin Using Canvas (as a student)
Some assignments in Canvas use Turnitin. If your instructor is requiring you to submit a paper via the Turnitin dashboard in Canvas, you will submit it using the following steps.
1. Click "Upload Submission":
2. Title your submission and select the file to upload:
3. Click "Continue"
4. You will have a preview of your document and the ability to cancel or accept your submission and save it for your instructor. Click "Accept Submission & Save."
5. Wait until you receive the "Submission Complete!" screen before closing the window.
6. You will receive confirmation on the assignment page that your "Submission Uploaded Successfully":
7. On the same confirmation page, you can download a Digital Receipt by clicking the icon next to the download button.
The Digital Receipt provides information regarding your submission and will aid in troubleshooting any technical issues.
It is highly recommended that you keep digital receipts for all Turnitin assignments.
Turnitin will only accept the following file types:
- Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx)
- OpenOffice Text (.odt)
- Word Perfect (.wpd)
- PostScript (.ps/.eps)
- Hangul Word Processor file (.hwp)
- Rich text format (.rtf)
- Plain text (.txt)
- Google Docs via Google Drive
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx, .ppt, .ppsx, and .pps)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx)
Files for upload must:
- be less than 40mb;
- have a minimum of 20 words; and
- be less than 400 pages.
Supports Latest Desktop Browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
Please visit Turnitin Support for additional system requirements. If you need assistance, please contact Alamo Colleges District Support Central at (210) 485-0555 option 4.