The Zoom Transcript automatically transcribes the audio of a meeting that you record to the cloud. To learn how to record a meeting to the cloud, visit our guide here.
After the transcript is processed, you may access it in the list of recorded sessions. It will appear as a separate .vtt text file, or you can simply view it in the playback of the video.
Zoom does not allow you to edit video content through the cloud, only the transcript. If you need to edit the video content, you must use an outside video editing software.
1. To access your recording, click the recording link in the email you received, or navigate to the Recordings page on the Zoom web portal and click the name of the recorded meeting.
2. To open your recording, click on the playback thumbnail.
3. The text of the transcript will be displayed on the right-hand side of the file.
Note: The transcript is divided into sections, each with a timestamp. You also have the ability to edit the transcript, as sometimes Zoom can mistake words, and you can add punctuation if you'd like, since Zoom is not able to do so.
4. To edit your transcript, navigate to the Audio Transcript panel on the right and click the pencil icon next to the phrase you would like to edit.
You may have to pause the playback to edit the audio transcript.
5. Make any necessary changes to the transcript, then click Save.
6. The updated version of the text is displayed when you play the audio or video file. You can continue editing the transcript using this process.