Canvas allows you to schedule Zoom meetings directly through your course. It's a helpful tool for instructors to keep all of their course materials, information, and meetings in one place. Before you can schedule a meeting, make sure you have created your Zoom account in Canvas. Then, you will be able to start using the Zoom link in Canvas to easily host meetings with your students.
NOTE: This is the instructor view of Zoom. Students cannot schedule meetings.
1. First, select the course in which you would like to schedule a meeting.
2. Then, click on the Zoom link in the Course Navigation on the left side of the screen.
3. Then, simply select Schedule a New Meeting.
4. You will be presented with several options to choose from.
- Fill in the topic or title of your meeting.
- Provide a brief description (Optional).
- Enter the date and time of your meeting.
- Select the duration.
NOTE: Your session will not end automatically at the duration you set. If you go over the allotted time, the meeting will continue.
- Choose the time zone of your meeting.
- If this is a Recurring meeting, select the box and fill in the parameters.
- Registration asks attendees to enter their name and contact information in order to attend your meeting (this is not recommended for meetings in Canvas).
- Choose between video on or off by default for hosts and participants. (You can change this before and during meetings) Learn more here.
- Select what type of audio you wish to allow (we suggest leaving this setting to both Telephone and Computer Audio).
- You can require a meeting password.
- You may opt to let your attendees join before you officially start the meeting.
- You may mute participants as they join the meeting.
- You can choose to use your personal meeting ID or let Zoom generate a random meeting ID. *This is mainly for support purposes - students do not need to know the meeting ID to join. Learn more about setting up a personal meeting ID.
- You may bring attendees from the waiting room them into the session one at at time, or multiple at a time.
- You may select automatic recordings. Although, it isn't recommended. You can manually start the recording when you are ready. Learn how to record meetings.
- You can add an additional host or co-host.
- Save the meeting details.