The Similarity Report is the result of comparison between the text of the submission against Turnitin databases of internet information, repository of previously submitted papers, and other publications. The similarity score is a percentage of a paper's content that matches to Turnitin's databases; it is not an assessment of whether the paper includes plagiarized material.
1. To access the assignment inbox, click the All Classes tab, which will direct you to the Instructor homepage.
2. From the Instructor homepage, click on the class name for the assignments you wish to access. You will be directed to the class homepage.
3. From the Class homepage, click on the View link under the Actions column next to the assignment that you wish to access.
4. Under the Similarity column are the icons indicating the percentage of the Overall Similarity Index and the corresponding color on a blue to red scale.
5. Click on the similarity percentage from the Similarity column to open the Similarity Report in a new window.
If the new window does not appear, you may need to add Turnitin.com to the list of sites allowed to create pop-up windows on the web browser that you are using.
Turnitin.com also offers a quick submit feature allows instructors to submit papers and receive Similarity Reports without creating a class or an assignment. This is ideal for instructors who would like to use Turnitin to spot check submissions and have these papers in electronic format. Quick submit should not be used if the instructor desires to have students submit their own papers or plans on using Peer Review, GradeMark, or GradeBook.