Logging into Turnitin.com (outside of Canvas)
For the best student experience, we encourage you to use one of the two available options for integrating Turnitin with your Canvas courses.
Reasons for using the standalone Turnitin system
- If you want to use Turnitin for face-to-face classes, and are not using Canvas to supplement those classes
- If you are having difficulty with the Canvas integration for any reason
Things to keep in mind
- You will need to set up your courses in Turnitin, and provide students with the manually created course code (this is automated with the Canvas integration)
- Students will need to set up a Turnitin.com accounts, and remember a separate password from ACES/Canvas
- Assignments and grades created in Turnitin cannot be automatically sent back to Canvas
If you would like to use Turnitin from the Turnitin.com website, you will need to create an account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you used Turnitin within Canvas external tool integration, you will just need to follow the steps to reset your password.
You will need to create a Turnitin profile.