Instructors: Preparing a Quiz for LockDown Browser
Preparing A Quiz:
To setup a quiz in Canvas that requires students to use LockDown browser, follow these steps:
1. Make sure the quiz has been published in your Canvas course.
2. From the Course Navigation in Canvas, select LockDown Browser. If LockDown Browser is not visible in your course navigation, enable it by following these steps.
Student experience: Note that students do not see the LockDown Browser option in the course navigation.
3. A page giving you additional information about LockDown Browser will display. You can either view the available guides or click Continue to LockDown Browser.
4. A list of quizzes in the course will be displayed.
- Quizzes labeled with Required require students to use LockDown Browser.
- Quizzes labeled with Not Required do not require the use of LockDown Browser.
5. To change the settings, click the drop down arrow to the left of the quiz title and select Modify Settings and select the desired options.
6. Additionally, you may require that LockDown Browser be used to view quiz feedback and results. You also have the option to create an access code that students must enter to start the quiz. LockDown Browser will prompt students to enter the code before proceeding with the quiz.
7. Click Save + Close.
Video Tutorial: Preparing a Quiz for LockDown Browser (Instructors)
If you have prepared a quiz for LockDown Browser in one section and copied or imported it into another section, you will need to launch the LockDown Browser dashboard to enable the quiz. (Otherwise students will receive an error message to contact the instructor to enable it.)