Alamo Alerts: Opting-in as a Non-Affiliated User
The Alamo Colleges Alamo Alert system is used to communicate with students, employees, non-affiliated users and other members of the Alamo Colleges Family in the event of a college emergency or weather-related delay or closure.
Among its many features, the Alamo Alert system can send email and text notifications directly to your mobile phone.
How to Register as a Non-Affiliated User
Parents of students and members of surrounding communities are able to register online to receive Alamo Alerts.
- Open the Alamo Alerts Homepage and click Register on the right hand side of the page.
Adding & Confirming Your Mobile Phone Number
3. Confirm Mobile Carrier and click Proceed To Next Step.
4. Once you confirm your Mobile Carrier, a text message will be sent with a confirmation code.
5. Enter the 4-digit code to confirm your Mobile Number.
Confirmation of Your Email Address
6. Once your Mobile Number is confirmed, the last step is confirmation of your email address.
7. Your account is now set up and you can log in and Opt-In for location-specific alerts by clicking on the Opt-In Lists tab.
You can subscribe to any of the lists, and there is no limit to the amount of lists you can subscribe to.