BioSig is configured as an external tool, or third-party integration, that allows a faculty member or course designer to add the tool with a few simple steps. It is used to minimize academic dishonesty in online courses.
- Included instructions for using BioSig, including the link to the “how to” video.
- Created a low-stakes BioSig assignment to get students comfortable with the tool?
- Added multiple BioSig verifications, so that students don’t forget their password?
- Remembered to set up the assignments using the External Tool submission type?
- Set your module requirements, and selected the “sequential order” box?
Settings to double-check…
- Remember to keep the grading type (“Display grade as:”) set to Points or Complete/Incomplete.
- Choosing Points will only work if you make it worth 1 or more points.
- Choosing Not Graded will break the connection to the BioSig tool.
- Other grading types (Letter Grade, etc.) are not recommended.
- If you set the BioSig assignments to be worth 0 points, make sure the Assignment Group they reside in is weighted greater than 0%, or do not use weighting.
If you weight the Assignment Group for BioSig assignments at 0%, make sure the assignments themselves are worth 1 or more points.
The combination of 0 point assignments in 0% Assignment Groups will cause errors.
- You need to use a new assignment for each BioSig verification. Adding the same BioSig assignment to multiple modules will cause errors.